Yesterday on the way to Touche' I had the pleasure of going through the
Florida COVID checkpoint on I-10.  Fun to the max I can tell you.

On approach, signs and orange pylons directed traffic into the right lane
then off the Interstate into the weigh station.  Semis were culled first
and allowed to proceed.  Louisiana vehicles (me) were culled to the right
and into the back of the weigh station.  All others were allowed to proceed
with no delay.

I had to stop at a station where a lady in a mask and gloves wrote my truck
license number on a form which she gave to me and directed me to a parking
area to complete it.  It asked for identification, contact info, where I
was staying in Florida and purpose of visit.  I had to sign the form
ackonowledging that if I didn't adhere to Florida's COVID policies I could
be fined $500.  I handed the form in at another station and proceeded on.
Whoopee.

There must have been 30 Florida Highway Patrol cars in the weigh station,
all with their lights flashing.  All the troopers were standing around.  A
few had assigned traffic flow jobs to do but it seemed like overkill to
me.  I guess they wanted to be prepared in case a car load of infected
Coonasses from the Louisiana bayous tried to mount an invasion.

Bit of hypocrisy from a state which up until a week or so ago was still
allowing folks to raft up on boats and party.

My marina and boatyard is still operting but has some staff working from
home.  It's pretty quiet here.  They hauled/launched a few boats.  I can
hear sanding and working in the yard.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA