Hi - I read that Marine How-To article and then came across this which was not
encouraging:
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/threads/mooring-pendant-debacle.185630/
I plan to use a double, but not link them together.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125