On my mooring we have two separate pennants. Having one passed through the
ring on the buoy and then back to the boat will lead to failure from chafe
at the ring. An additional problem I had on my 40 and on my current boat
was that my anchor is stowed on a roller on the bow. I have to tie it up to
the pulpit so it clears the mooring pennant.
Andy
Masquerade.
Newport

Andrew Burton