Does anyone have a recommendation for a good at home battery charger?  My
charger died earlier this week.  It was a "smart" charger made by Schumacher
but it never seemed to really get the batteries fully charged.  I never
could find out the charging parameters.  Having a charger with an option
which can force an equalization step seems like a necessary capability.  I
have flooded batteries and do not see changing type in the near future.

By way of background, last fall I asked about storing batteries over the
winter - Rob A, Marek, Ken H and others all recommended leaving them on
board, and Ken sent a link to an article on RC's / Marine How To website
about battery storage, which was very helpful.  In that article RC strongly
suggested the batteries should be at full charge and they should be fine
come spring.  I had zero confidence my battery charger [a home / garage
charger, do not have an on board charger or even any AC on board] would be
up to the task so once again I brought the batteries home.

Thanks,

Brian