From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 9:52 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER<mailto:cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Moving Main Sheet Traveler on a C&C-34

A friend has two travellers on his 32 footer, though it's not a C&C.  The
coachroof traveller is used for cruising and the one across the front of the
cockpit seats is used for racing.  His mainsheet purchase had two sets of bails
and we would move the purchase at the dock.  He still can't singlehand because
he sits behind a wheel and can't reach the mainsheet.  There should be a way to
keep your traveler where it is, and rework the purchase so the dead end of the
line leads back to the end of the boom to a block and then down to a swivel
cleat on the cockpit floor in front of the wheel, where you could reach around
and adjust the line while steering.  You may need to get a longer mainsheet.

FWIW, I moved my traveller fifteen years ago to have a nice setup in front of
my wheel, I can send pictures if you like.

Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1989 C&C 34R

On May 13, 2020 at 9:02 PM Matt Wolford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>