Here is the results of cleaning the spilled, uncured epoxy from my
upholstery.
1. removed cushion covers from foam.
2.I called Hawk Epoxy. the chemist I talked to told me to rinse with water.
Not much help.
3. tried denatured alcohol. remove some more resin from fabric only.
4. tried Lacquer thinner, got 95% of resin from the fabric. spill was down
by where feet go so not too worried.
5. the resin destroyed the foam, cut out damaged foam and ordered
replacement to glue in place.
In using the lacquer thinner, I put some in a small bucket and soaked and
sloshed the affected fabric, then let dry. did this a couple of times.
My advice don't spill epoxy resin.

Hope this helps
Doug

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 5:58 AM Robert Abbott via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Doug,
>
> With the various suggestions you received, can you advise if you had
> success removing the epoxy resin from your upholstery?
>
> Rob Abbott
> AZURA
> C&C 32 - #277
> Halifax, N.S.
>
> On 5/11/2020 8:41 PM, Doug Mountjoy via CnC-List wrote:
>
> I need help. I spilled epoxy resin on my brand new upholstery, and it went
> unnoticed for several days, so it has soaked into the new foam also. The
> area is about 6 sq inches. My question is what do I use to remove the resin
> with out damaging the foam?
> I am not to worried about the fabric as I sewed it myself and have plenty
> left over.
> Thanks in advance
> Doug
>
> --