De : CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> de la part de Josh Muckley via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Envoyé : 8 juin 2020 09:59
À : C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc : Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Objet : Re: Stus-List Yanmar cooling system and water heater bypass

If you want a bypass for the water heater, I suggest you use 2 isolation valves
on each leg and a bypass between the two legs.  A total of 3 identical ball
valves would be my choice.  This could accomplished with two 3-way valves as
well but 3-way valves can lead to confusion and usually cost more.  Without the
isolation valves down stream of the bypass then a leak in the water heater
would still be pressurized.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 09:41 Bruno Lachance via CnC-List

Hi,

I just remove a air heater that was nstalled by premious owner. It was T in the
coolant hoses going to the water heater but never woeked well. I guess the
hoses running in the bilges was too much of a heat loss.

So anyways, i'm going back to original and simplicity and i remember somebody
here said he added valves to have the option to "bypass" the water heater in
case of a leak. Since i already have the valves and my tank is original it
seems to be a good idea. My question is: can i just install them in line on
each hose or do i need to add a loop before the valves with T fittings , engine
side of the valves, so i still have circulation. I think it does't matter and
that the engine system does not depend on this but i want to be sure.

Thank you.

Bruno Lachance
Bécassine, 1987 33-2
New-Richmond, Qc