My 35-2 is similar to Len's 37+, except that I just have an A/B/both switch
to join two banks of two 6V golf cart batteries each, no start battery. The
solar controller is connected via a 30A fuse to the main positive busbar
after the A/B switch. There is space for a 3rd bank, but I have removed the
extra battery switch (use an on/off switch to isolate engine power
instead), and use the space for a charger and Gr 24 battery for the dinghy
that charges off an inverter. All of this was powered by 155W of solar and
ran the fridge from May-Oct with no issues. This month I upgraded to 340W
solar to allow for the extra load of charging the dinghy battery. Yesterday
after a test run, I put the battery on charge at 15A and saw 18A on the
solar controller, which is the highest I've seen yet, mainly because my
banks are nearly always full.
I have shore power, but the boat doesn't have an AC charger, and has been
running on solar for about 20 years. I might upgrade to a Victron
controller eventually, but the cheap PWM Amazon unit has been working fine
so far. I also have a cheap battery meter and shunt that allows me to see
my current voltage and current drawn from the batteries, along with
cumulative consumption. With mostly LED lights, the fridge (and now the
battery charger/inverter) are the only significant consumers (the windlass
generally only runs under engine power).

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com