Hi Joe,
I just replaced the plexiglass on 2 of my hatches. I dug out most of the
sealant around the lens, then took a windshield removal tool to cut the
bond between the frame and lens. I used a wire wheel to clean up the
remainder of sealant. Wiped the frame with lacquer thinner, put a small
bevel on both the top and bottom of the new plexiglass. taped off where I
didn't want sealant. Laid a bead of Sika Flex 295uv, positioned lens into
frame and pushed down with just enough force to make the lens leves with
the frame. I then filled the gap between the frame and plexiglass. You will
want to make sure you get as many of the voids as possible.
https://www.harborfreight.com/windshield-removing-tool-60298.html

Doug.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 8:40 AM Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I have been asking about sending my hatches in for refurbishment and it
> isn't cheap. Am I overthinking it? I only need two things, one is putting a
> new gasket in and the other is a new piece of Plexiglas. I can buy the
> gasket and the glue and the local shop can duplicate the glass easy enough.
> Thankfully I don't have the kind of hatch that opens from the outside, so
> there are no knob or O rings to leak.
> Question - how do you get the hatch off? The pins don't look designed to
> be removed easily. Do you cut them and then get new ones?
>

> Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I
> www.dellabarba.com

Douglas Mountjoy
253-208-1412