Thanks Nathan,

Something with bigger displacement to let us take longer trips (less
protected waters) in more comfort for long weekends or week-long vacations
is indeed part of our rationale for the larger boat. We've tried taking our
23-2 outside the islands and although she is solid we get batted around
quite a bit when the wave period shortens up.

"you are much better off spending more money now to get a boat that the
previous owner put a lot into upgrading and fixing then a previously
neglected boat like I did" Agreed