Here are a couple of pix of the split backstay on our 1987 33-2.

The legs of the backstay terminate on pad-eyes in molded-in pockets on the
transom, port and starboard, so the backstay legs thread through the stern
pulpit.

The tensioner legs terminate on pad-eyes on deck just inboard of the rail. The
tensioner tackle is about 4:1, so there is a lot of line (1/2" ?) to coil up
when the backstay is tensioned. Sorry I didn't make a photo of that, but you
can see it under the bottom left corner of the LifeSling, and the tackle just
above the middle of the LifeSling.

The tensioner tackle is in the way when moving from behind the wheel on the
port side. There's just enough space to squeeze by. I think I'd prefer a
centerline hydraulic tensioner, as simpler and neater.

https://telamontechnologies.com/epilogue/images/splitBackstay.jpg
https://telamontechnologies.com/epilogue/images/backstayPadeye.jpg

Adrian Humphreys
Epilogue, Rockport ME