Just brought my new-to-me C&C34 home. My 2009 Yanmar 3YM30 purred like a kitten
in most seas. But this was a 30 hour slog through hell. Decided to motor-sail a
bit in some heavy seas (20-25 kts), engine, at 2500-2800 rpm, would suddenly
lose revs then often quit. Could start up again in a few moments, but would do
it again in 5 minutes or so. Gave up on it until winds died down and started it
up no problem... worked flawlessly for a 2 hour motor in calm waters after
that. Boat was fully serviced in fall and on hard until 2 weeks ago when I
bought and launched it. Has a Racor filter/water separator and inline fuel
filter. I'm wondering if the exhaust being under water during that point of
sail would cause the issue or maybe I should just change up filters, or was it
probably sediment in tank being kicked up and starving the engine? Thoughts?

Dean