Many years ago I bought a Kirby 25 which came from Toronto, Lake Ontario, fresh water boat which had VC17 bottom paint. I am in Halifax, Nova Scotia, salt water which is not compatible with VC17. I did not want to strip the bottom but I had to change to a salt water paint....my choice was Micron CSC.

Everyone, including the Interlux people, told me that Micron CSC could not be put over VC17....it will not adhere.  I wet sanded the VC17, let it dry and painted Micron CSC over it.   The Micron CSC was perfect for the 10 years I raced the boat.....it did not peel, blister, flake.

I can not explain what happened, I can only tell you it happened.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 -#277
Halifax, N.S.