From: Josh Muckley<mailto:muckl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 09:47
To: Stus-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Engine Oil Testing

In my case I have to use a vacuum pump to change the oil.  I suck it out with a
dip tube in the dipstick hole.  So for sampling it is the same process with a
different sucker pump designed for sucking the sample into a sample bottle.

On my Grand Prix the dipstick tube was too long and narrow.  The first time I
tried to suck a sample from the hot engine I melted the sample tube inside the
dipstick tube.  Oops.  Recovery involved unbolting and removing the dipstick
tube from the engine and using a coat hanger to push out the cooled plug of
plastic.  After that I had to pull the drain plug and then slip a sample bottle
into the stream.  Much messier.

Josh

October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to