Yes, once when I repowered, it did not go into reverse all the way. I
discovered that the forward reverse lever was just on the verge of popping
/ not popping into gear. In other words, right on the edge of its throw.
This was resolved by shortening the throw, in other words moving the Morse
connector closer to the center of the axis. Usually there are different
holes you can put the clevis onto to make it a longer or shorter throw
period if there aren't, then drill a new one in . If this is your problem
of course.

Bill Coleman
Entrada Erie PA

Bill

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020, 9:22 AM General Gao <general.z....@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I got my boat back to the marina and the engine worked fine after
> replacing the filters...I will be working on the hoses later before the
> next season.
>
> However just as I arrived at the marina, another "symptom" showed up.
> after I docked my boat, the marina wanted to move the boat to another spot.
> One of the staff, actually the mechanic who fixed my filters, put the lever
> into reverse, however the gear box would not get into reverse! forward
> seemed to be fine though. I was using the reverse just two minutes ago
> without issue, how would it suddenly not go into reverse?
>
> Yesterday I checked the connection between the lever and the transmission,
> which I believe with Universal it is Hurth? The cable seemed to be moving
> the input shaft.
>
> Anyone have had an experience like this?
>
> Bo
>
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 9:19 AM General Gao <general.z....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just reporting back of current status:
>>
>> I myself did not have enough time to do it (as I was going out of town,
>> the admiral would be extremely upset if I had to change plan) but I had a
>> mechanic to do it for me. His theory was that the clogged filters created
>> excessive negative pressure to allow air to get in from the not-so-great
>> fittings. He changed both filters just so that I can at least get to the
>> home marina; he also told me those lines and fittings require further work
>> once I am there.
>>
>> I will certainly put a few gauges as suggested when I get into it.
>>
>> Thank you all for your advice.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bo
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 2:21 PM Matthew <wolf...@erie.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for heads-up and additional info.  Fortunately I’m in the smelly
>>> mess category.  I will nevertheless raise the issue with my diesel guy.

list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to