I am probably getting repetitive, but please BUY SOME GAUGES! I currently have
a fuel pressure gauge with the sensor on the output side of the pump and a
vacuum gauge on the output side of the filter before the pump. I temporarily
had a second vacuum gauge on the input side of the filter too. It took all
three gauges to track down a couple oddball fuel feed issues I had been having
for years that NEVER could have solved otherwise.
I can give some links if you are curious. A whole box of gauges is cheaper than
one tow home or one ruined trip.

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I
www.dellabarba.com