From: David Knecht [mailto:davidakne...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 12:35 PM
To: CnC CnC discussion list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: Universal diesel

I want to second Joe's thought.  I have not had fuel problems, but just
installed a vacuum gauge (from Joe and Josh’s previous recommendations) a few
weeks ago and it was so simple there is no reason not to do it.  I added the
more expensive drag pointer type gauge
(https://www.sbmar.com/product/vacuum-gauge-rear-low-profile-mount/<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=7a9c6111-260a57f2-7a9c4866-0cc47adc5fec-1c0a48d5fea5ee6b&q=1&e=ff57b385-b4e7-431b-b238-a43b116ad878&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbmar.com%2Fproduct%2Fvacuum-gauge-rear-low-profile-mount%2F>)
 so I did not have to be looking at the gauge while the engine is running (in
case it isn’t) but still under $100 for the gauge.  I simply cut the line
between the Racor and the fuel pump, removed a few inches of tubing and plugged
the line into the barbed fittings of the gauge.  I got no reading when I ran
the engine, but then to test, I gradually closed the shut off lever and as it
got near closed, the vacuum started to register.  That made me happy indicating
my several years old Racor primary was fine.  One less thing to worry about and
diagnose in an emergency.   Should have done it a long time ago.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

[cid:image001.png@01D69CA7.2B8E0ED0]

On Oct 7, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List

I am probably getting repetitive, but please BUY SOME GAUGES! I currently have
a fuel pressure gauge with the sensor on the output side of the pump and a
vacuum gauge on the output side of the filter before the pump. I temporarily
had a second vacuum gauge on the input side of the filter too. It took all
three gauges to track down a couple oddball fuel feed issues I had been having
for years that NEVER could have solved otherwise.
I can give some links if you are curious. A whole box of gauges is cheaper than
one tow home or one ruined trip.

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I
www.dellabarba.com<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=93a2b995-cf348f76-93a290e2-0cc47adc5fec-ba52b3e0e1ece963&q=1&e=ff57b385-b4e7-431b-b238-a43b116ad878&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dellabarba.com%2F>

to send contribution --
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=a64a1791-fadc2172-a64a3ee6-0cc47adc5fec-d391205f66e2bdca&q=1&e=ff57b385-b4e7-431b-b238-a43b116ad878&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.me%2Fstumurray>