I appreciate the preventer advice.  Great winter project to make a pendant for
my boom.

FWIW, I usually daysail singlehanded in lighter winds on the Chesapeake and use
my Barber-Haulers for preventers.    The Barber-Haulers are 30 ft long 3/8"
line rigged thru blocks attached to the toerail and normally used to pull the
genoa lead out when reaching.   One end has a SS carabiner to clip onto the
genoa clew and the other end run to cockpit winch.  I rig them as preventers
when sailing wing and wing, by simply clipping them into a short loop attached
to the fitting on the boom where the Vang attaches.   It's not as strong as a
proper preventer rigged from end of boom to the bow, but it works well with
vang and mainsheet to stop any boom movement that could lead to an accidental
gybe.   The boom will be rigid and well behaved.  I always rig Barber-haulers
before leaving the dock and clip them to the lifelines.  They really help open
the slot when reaching and stabilize the genoa too.

Chuck Scheaffer Resolute 1989 C&C 34R, Pasadena Md