Hello all,
 Thank you for all the comments regarding sails for For Play. I have
received quotes from 5 different lofts regarding sails and although I
believe you get what you pay for, I also agree with what Joe said  that you
are buying a sail maker as well.
Here is a list of quoted sails, I tried to keep it apples to apples as much
as possible,
Daron cruiser/ Wednesday night racer
1Reef, cunningham, Draft stripes, Leach tell tails, full batten on top and
numbers.
Precision 1,030.61   Made in Sri Lanka
Sobstad 1,459.00     Made in Cleveland, OH
North Sails 1,848.00  Made in ?
Doyle         1,800.00  Made in ?
Rolly Tasker 1,398.00  Made in ?
UK Sails 1,745.00 Made in Chicago

I'm leaning towards Sobstad because they are local (1/2 hour drive) from
me,North, Doyal, Rolly Tasker all have lofts in town But the sails are
manufactured elsewhere.
Thoughts from anyone?

Lewis Cooke
S/V For Play
C&C 30-1
Hull #45
Lorain, OH
October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to