Ditto what Josh said.  I just got a new 155 genoa yesterday.  Measured by a
local sailmaker but manufactured at the Quantum loft in Sri Lanka.  I'll
hoist it in the next few days and inspect it.

The measurement, design and post-delivery service are the important aspects
of your sail.  Manufacturing is secondary.  If the sailmaker measures
accurately, tweaks the design for your boat and local sailing conditions,
and stands behind the sail after delivery, then, in my opinion, the actual
assembly is just a "robotic" exercise.   As I've stated earlier, I suspect
that the large offshore manufacturing facilities have documented
procedures for both assembly and quality control.

  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 7:07 AM Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My experience is that it is invaluable to have the loft able to come
> measure, fit, review, revise, and service your sail.  Many many lofts will
> send the actual manufacture of the sail overseas but that is irrelevant if
> you have a loft that is performing the above services.
>
> I use Quantum because they are the loft that is less than 5 minutes away.
> If desired part of their service is to rig and unrig the sails and sail
> pack... I don't even have to there!
>
> Josh Muckley

October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to