Agreed, I don't find it necessary. I have a nice Harken ratchet block that
was given to me, but never bothered to install it, as I just tail the
furling line by hand, sometimes with a bend on a spare winch if it's
breezy, and it works fine. I was waiting to get a second ratchet for the
other furler, but now I will probably not bother. I might add cam cleats
for easier partial furling; although we rarely do that, when things do get
breezy it would be nice to keep things a bit more tidy. With two sets of
foresail sheets and two furling lines, and now a mainsheet moved from
cabintop to blocks on the traveller, the cockpit can get messy in a hurry.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com