I'll start with an apology; it's not specifically C&C related; and I have no
wish to start a general debate; my question...I see lots and lots of catamaran
ads and apparently Sail Magazine thinks monohulls have been mothballed...: what
is the appeal of these boats ....I recognize their added space as appealing to
first-time group charter types; but heard that these boats are difficult sail;
hard to get them moving and even more difficult to tack; perhaps not an issue
in crossing a big lake or ocean, but could be a deal breaker in close quarters;
When I look at the boats featured in the ads all see is a big 1970s Station
wagon...(how's that for a frame of reference);So, someone enlighten me on this;
why are they so popular even with prices of half a million?
(I have not sailed on one and not planning on getting one-it's winter and I'm
just curious)Many thanks...;

PS: I understand that C&C actually did make a few Cats in the 790s...so it is
C&C related after all....!

Richard
 s/v Bushmark4: 1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River, Mile 596;

Richard N. Bush Law Offices
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine
Louisville, Kentucky 40220-1462
502-584-7255
costs involved.  If you want to show your support to the list - use PayPal to
send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray  Thanks - Stu