No salt water in Toronto.

From: Edd Schillay via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 3:37 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Edd Schillay <e...@schillay.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Bilge leak

Mike,

The first thing to check is if the water is salt water or “fresh" water. If
it’s fresh water, check your hatches and windows for leaks, as well as all of
the places where you have deck controls attached to the boat (it could be a
leak in one of your jib tracks or the traveler or along your toe rail.

The best way to check where is to grab a bucket full of water and pour it over
your hatches, deck fittings and sections of your toe rail - then see if your
bilge is affected.

Another possibility is condensation/moisture.

If its salt water, it’s most likely the keel joints or your stuffing box.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay

Captain of the Starship Enterprise

C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B

Venice Yacht Club | Venice Island, FL

On Jan 19, 2021, at 3:26 PM, Michael Crombie via CnC-List