From: Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: January 28, 2021 9:31 AM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Hoyt, Mike <mike.h...@impgroup.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Strong track, lazy jacks, stack pack

Hi Chuck

Persistence has lazy jacks that we sometimes have in place and use and other
times have tied off to base of shrouds.  Sail cover is unmodified and still
works with the lazy jacks.

I should point out that Lazy jacks are only half a solution.  In our case they
do not work well even after we moved the aft most boom attachment point further
forward.  The sail does not come down in a nicely organized manner and still
requires flaking properly when back at the dock.  Part of this is likely due to
the stiffness of our main which is a Quantum Fusion M5500 series sail with
taffeta on both sides.

On our wish list is a Doyle Stack pack main.  We sailed on a sister ship that
had this for cruising and sometimes also used on a Wednesday evening race.  It
was very slick and the sail had a nice shape as well.  We were very impressed.

Dreaming of summer,

Mike Hoyt

Persistence

Halifax, NS