We used Port Townsend Rigging's Lazy Jack kit on our 35-3.  They stow at the mast so no modifications were required to the sail cover.  They are easy to use and you can leave them stowed while raining the main and not get battens caught.  They were easy to install and reasonably priced.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028, "Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan