Thanks to everyone for your great responses on Lazy Jacks and Stack Packs.  I'm
making my own lazy jacks using very small diameter dyneema and Ronstan shock
blocks.  I will have to alter my design slighty to make it retractable.  FWIW,
I found videos on installing a Mack Pack and various other systems.  The Mack
Pack looks like an improvement on the first designs.  And Mack sells a nice
bracket for the end of the boom to attach the bag and support a pulley for the
zipper.  The bracket looks like a good option if I get a pack as I don't have a
topping lift to support the clew end of the bag.

I installed the hardware on the mast and boom and my amsteel system is so light
and slippery, it adds very little weight and windage and is stronger overall.
It will double as a topping lift and support the boom when I flake the sail.
That will make the process much safer.

Thanks,
Chuck S