Ahh...   Of course.

I had not thought of that.

Have any of you had to do this repair, and do you know how the rod is
connected to the keel stub?

As a bit of background, the 1/4" stainless rod rig material is attached to
the underside of the deck with a 1/4" x 1.5" x 3" stainless plate with two
3/8" stainless screws/bolts.   I am presuming a similar stainless plate was
fiberglassed in place at the keel.  As of now, I can't really see it, but I
will be able to get to it.  I am thinking I can grind it down a bit to get
to clean fiberglass, get a replacement 1/2" threaded rod, tap a hole into a
replacement stainless plate and get a welder additionally weld the rod in
place so it doesn't move (untwist).  From there, fiberglass it in place.

I can then use the existing rod and under-deck attachment.

Am I missing something?

Is there any particular trick to the fiberglassing?  How many layers of
cloth would you use?

Thanks!!!

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+