From: David Knecht via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2021 10:34 AM
To: CnC CnC discussion list <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Asymmetical Spinnaker outside jibe

I have been thinking about ordering long sheets for my “reacher" (A sail) to be
able to do outside jibes.  All the videos I have seen for this technique have
the spinnaker tack on a sprit or attached forward of the headstay.  That seems
pretty simple, but I don’t have an attachment point there.  My tack can either
be attached directly to a padeye on the deck behind the forestay or to a strap
around the furled headsail and then to the padeye.   I think that means that
every time I jibe, the tack line will wrap around the headstay.  Is that a
problem?   I could douse with the sock and redeploy after jibe (sounds slow for
racing) or add an attachment point to the pulpit for a block so I am forward of
the headstay.  Am I missing something?  How do others without sprits do this?
Dave

S/V Aries

1990 C&C 34+

New London, CT