This seems to be A YMMV situation depending on exactly how the sail is rigged.
On my boat the tack is basically tied to the rolled-up genoa. An inside jibe
would have to still be ahead of the genoa or it would pull the halyard under
the forestay. I have only ever done outside jibes for this reason. My
experience is all light and medium air, my ancient autopilot won't hold when
things get sporty so the chute comes down at that point.
A chute poled out ahead of the forestay might give you more options.
Note to cruisers: If you are not flying a chute, you are missing out. Light air
off the wind is a hot slow slog with just the white sails. One of our hot-day
setups is just the chute and a big sun awning over the boom. Gliding along at
4-5 knots in the shade beats motoring at 6 knots with a giant cloud of exhaust
keeping pace with you.

Joe Della Barba
Coquina C&C 35 MK I
Kent Island MD USA