From my past of peeling spinnakers, we would use a peeling strap, which was long enough to reach from tack to attachment point (in your case tacker).  Hook it up, ease the guy until the strap is taking the load, drop the guy, tack the pole, re-attach guy, load up the guy, blow the strap and winch the tack back out
to the pole.

Of course, when we were peeling, we would be hooking up the guy to the new spin...  :-) Then we'd just blow the peeling strap and the foredeck gang would reel in the spin.
Most times these days there is less of a gang...

Cheers,
   Jeff

On 2021-03-10 11:54 a.m., Matthew via CnC-List wrote:
I'm anticipating the hard part will be getting the tack connected to the ATN
Tacker under load before the jibe (which I haven't tried yet).  The issue will
be how close I can get the tack to the Tacker shackle by manipulating the pole.
 I'm thinking if we raise the mast end, this will bring the other end back to
the forestay.  The Tacker can be freely adjusted up and down.  Reattaching the
tack from the Tacker to the pole should be the easy part as I'll be using a guy
that is not under load (at first), and the shackle on my Tacker is a Tylaska.