Thanks.  All these machinations is why I'm going to try using an ATN tacker for
jibes.  Then I can move the pole at my leisure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Nelson via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 9:45 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jeff Nelson <jhnelso...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Asymmetical Spinnaker outside jibe

I rigged mine as a Dip Pole gybe so I could handle unloaded lines on my Sym
Spin Gybes.  So I have two guys run back to my primary winches.  Load them both
up and the pole doesn't move (assuming they are attached to the pole and not
the sail (for Asym work), if you want to adjust the exact position of the pole,
you can loosen one and tighten the other.  I use cabin top winches for spin
sheeting.  A separate tack line can be adjusted with the cabin top winch and
locked off freeing the winch back up for sail trim.   A couple extra lines but
it works.
Drawbacks are only being able to adjust tack line on one tack...I suppose I
could put in a diverter, but I've never really needed to adjust that finely in
my use.

Since your pole goes out past the forestay, you can do either inside or outside
as you've created a slot between your headstay and pole end.  However, if your
comfortable with outside, I'd stick with it. To me outside always made more
sense, moving a 1000 feet of fabric through a narrow slow to me is just pure
entertainment.

Food for thought.

Cheers,
    Jeff