It might depend on what you are planning to spend. Most buyer agents split
the commission on a boat with the selling agent. You might find it hard to
get one involved with a used older boat. We bought our boat through a
Pop-Yachts listing and were provided a buyers agent automatically by
Pop-yachts (remarkable for how little we paid for the boat) but we never
met him in person. He was very helpful but as with anyone working on
commission, we had to really push him to negotiate the price down to where
we knew it should be based on the comps we got. More advice is available
for completing a Pop-Yachts transaction if you like.

The best two things we had going for us were:
1. An independent, 3rd party, broker willing to do free comps and give
market advice for us via email with the understanding we might use him in
the future when we buy a more expensive upgrade. I found this guy by
calling a buyers agent office and learned about the disinterest of buyers
agent relationships for low-cost yachts at the beginning of our search. You
might be able to pay someone a fee for this service if needed but ours
offered for free.
2. A surveyor lined up BEFORE we decided on a boat. Ours was exceptionally
helpful and spent hours on the phone with me talking about the various
yachts we looked at during our search (try not to abuse their time, but Tom
was a "talker" and kept me on the phone most times)