Full disclaimer - I am a broker.

As far as I know there is no formal thing as a buyer broker.  That said, when
we are involved is a boat that is not our listing, we often act in that way.
I, personally, tell the customer that I will act as their agent and take that
seriously.

By convention, the commission split is 50/50 between the 2 brokerage houses in
a co-broker arrangement.  What the split between the individual broker and
brokerage house is company specific just like in real estate.

In order for the buyer’s broker to earn their commission, they need to be at
the survey and handle the paperwork for the closing.

Some states have more formal rules and laws.  Florida requires licensure, but I
have yet to see it mean a whole lot.

Neil Andersen
Rock Hall, MD 21661
484-354-8800