From: Dreuge via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 2:01 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>; Dreuge <dre...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: anyone gone lithium?

Joe,

What is your alternator rated at?   I was lucky to charge my FLA batteries at
half rating, but now I easily charge at 110A.   You may want to consider the
Renogy DCC1212-60A or the DCC50S \(w/ MPPT).

Balmer sells these alternator protectors which are basically a short wire with
a Zener in the middle.  You connect one end to +V alternator terminal and the
other end to the alternator GND terminal.  But as you pointed out, you get one
life protection, but worse is figuring that out.

Paul

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C Landfall 38