Hi joe,

I am far from expert however you are comparing two different beasts - one is a
combined mppt solar charge controller AND dc:dc converter and the other
(victron)  is a standalone dc:dc converter only.
All else equal, and if you don’t require solar at this point I’d go with the
victron, of a size that works for you. (There are tradeoffs, discussed
elsewhere in this thread)  Victron has  a good rep, a broad range of compatible
hardware, and understand the marine market.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone