From: David Knecht via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:36:44 AM
To: CnC CnC discussion list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Fuel pump

Hi Dennis- The Racor looks OK, but of course that says nothing.  I don’t know
the Racor model but it is older since it does not have the threaded top that
you can add a gauge to.  Since that is a more expensive alteration, I thought I
would replace the fuel lines first and see if that fixes the problem.  If not,
I thought I would bypass the Racor and see if it works that way and if so,
replace the Racor itself.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

[cid:4073BE72-4704-4EA7-8EBA-B73B833F502B]

On Sep 23, 2021, at 9:31 AM, Dennis C. via CnC-List

What type of fuel filter do you have?  If it's a Racor MA500, the top may be
warped or the gasket may be cracked or displaced.  Those are not infrequent
issues with that filter.  Either condition could result in air inleakage.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83