That's what I was wondering about. When I bought my 4000 Plus, the sales
guy at defender said I didn't need the rudder feedback unit. But it was
pretty worthless and I was very disappointed. Once I put the rudder
feedback unit in, it worked brilliantly. The brains need to know where the
rudder is otherwise it's just shooting in the dark. I wouldn't want to
dissuade you from going to the hydraulic unit, as they are definitely
superior. But I think you would be very surprised at how good it would work
with the 4000 Plus and a rudder feedback.

Bill Coleman