From: Dean McNeill via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 3:36 PM
To: Stus-List
Cc: Dean McNeill
Subject: Stus-List Re: Bottom Paints Again

First full season for me with my C&C 34 and I used Interlux Micron CSC, as
that’s what the previous owner ’thought’ was on it when I bought it. A good
friend has also used it on his Tartan 3700 for years with good results.

I used 2 to 3 coats after a light sanding of the previous coat(s) and it has
worked very well. Five months moored in the Northwest Arm in Halifax NS and it
was surprisingly super clean when it came out at end of season… a little green
scum in places but that’s it! Stainless prop shaft was caked with barnacles and
growth, so I’m guessing bottom paint worked great where it was applied!

Does anyone  coat their stainless prop shaft (or brass folding prop) with
bottom paint?

Dean