So basically any boat with rod rigging older than 2002 would need all new
standing rigging?
Joe
Coquina

From: MICHAEL BRANNON via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2022 9:36 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: MICHAEL BRANNON <ff1...@aol.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: Recommendation: Osprey Composites -
Herrington Harbor, area Riggers

As a rigger I would go with Charlie Nelson’s recommendation.   To do a thought
inspection of rod rigging it needs to be completely disassembles and the cold
head looked at closely and possible NDT’d to ensure there are no cracks.   At
almost 20 years old you most likely need to replace it.    Rather than sending
the rigging to BSI, or other places,   we measure it and have new rigging made
to our dimensions.    It saves you a little money.

Just a thought

Mike Brannon
Virginia Lee 93295
1978 C&C 36 CB
Virginia Beach, VA

On Apr 17, 2022, at 2:43 PM, nausetbeach--- via CnC-List

We recently looked at a boat on the Chesapeake which would need some deck balsa
replacement work and a rigging inspection and possibly replacement of some /
all (?) of the rod rigging.

Osprey Composites at Herrington Harbor / Tracy’s Landing was recommended.
Anybody have any information / opinion on them?

The boat has 19 year old rod rigging and do not have firm information on the
last time a rigging inspection was made – probably not in the past 11 - 12
years when the current owner purchased the boat.  Can anyone recommend a good
rigger who could do an inspection in the West River to Herrington Harbor
vicinity?  The ability to inspect, and possibly fabricate new rod rigging is
needed.  “The Rigging Company” is one name that keeps coming up.  Another is M
Yacht Services rigging. Both seem to be on the higher end of the pricing
spectrum.  Eastcoast Marine Rigging was another name, but am not certain if
they have the capability / experience to fab new rod rigging.  Am not looking
to change to wire.  Any opinions / suggestions on these two ?

Many thanks,
Brian