Sort of.   I sailed my own boat for 30 years before I replaced the rod rigging.
  I still have the original backstay which I re-headed.   The cost of doing an
inspection on rod is prohibitively expensive.   In my opinion it is more cost
effective to replace it rather than pay to have it inspected.    In general it
is best ro replace all  rigging at the 15-20 year mark depending on where and
how the boat was sailed.   The local USCG Marine inspectors want rod rigging at
the 10 year mark for commercial boats.   Were I in Brian’s shoes I’d buy the
boat and sail it for a season or two and then decide what to do with it.

Just my opinion.

Sail safe,

Mike

Virginia Lee 93295