First, I have posted here before about my somewhat negative opinion of
Xantrex II chargers.  My boat repair colleague and I quit installing them
after a few failures.  We switched to Blue Sea, Promariner and, for smaller
installations, Guest.

The original Xantrex chargers, while perhaps not as "smart" as the newer
chargers, are very reliable.  I have a 20 year old Xantrex 20 on Touche'.
Note - it's NOT a Xantrex II.  I have a spare but have never had to install
it.

Second, I prefer separate chargers and inverters.  If one side fails,
you're in it for big $$$.  There are folks who repair them but they're not
cheap.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83