Hi everyone!

I'm seriously considering purchasing a 1980 C&C 34. I have yet to make an in-person inspection, as the boat is 4 hours away, but in pictures I notice attached to the partial bulkheads which separate the settees from the galley/nav area there are what appear to be chainplates.  Those aluminum plates are rather far aft for any standing rigging.  Their purpose, I reckon, is to reinforce the genoa track (correct me if I'm way off, and these are distinguished from the aluminum tubes which, I suppose, reinforce the mainsheet traveler.  So, here's my question: there is noticeable water incursion, as there is some streaking on the port bulkhead below the "chainplate." I assume I need to be prepared for deck core rot, and possible rot in the teak plywood of the bulkhead. The extent of any rot, if it requires the replacement of that bulkhead, may be a deal-breaker.  Thoughts? Am I on the right track?

Thanks,

Mack
Formerly C&C 30-104
Thanks for your help.