When I did mine, the biggest labor issue was that the PO had installed a
combination of screws and bolts/nuts to hold the old plexi lenses in place, the
holes for which were sources of leaks.  As a result, I also needed to repair
gel coat (and fill holes) in the recessed areas where the lenses sit.  I would
not have considered holding the replacement lenses in place with screws, as
this is what I was getting away from.  Instead, I used the 3M double stick tape
method described on the website.  The YouTube video on how to install was very
helpful.

As I recall, I used a paint stir stick to support the replacement lens along
the bottom, which in my case was just the right width to center it in the
window recess top to bottom.  I centered the lenses side to side visually.  I
did the tape “hinge” across the top, flipped the replacement lens up, installed
the 3M tape, and carefully flipped the lens back down into place.  Worked like
a charm.  The rest of the job (installing the sealant) was a bit messy but
manageable.  I used masking tape around the window recesses to get a
professional look.  It’s important to use the right sealant (a Dow product as I
recall, not SIKA) because it had a longer cure window than GE silicone.  You
don’t want it to “skin” while you’re working.  I did mine on a cloudy day,
about 75 degrees, to ensure the boat surface was not too warm.  That was about
six years ago, and I haven’t had a leak since.

Matt

C&C 42 Custom