My 32 has two windows on each side, and one, the long one has a significant curvature which puzzled me as to how I would keep it in place without a frame, screws, bolts etc.  Job done 10 years ago and the windows today have no issues.

First, I removed the old windows using a stiff putty knife which I filed the edge very sharp and tapped on the inside of the window slowly and carefully with a rubber hammer to cut the old Plexus. I cleaned the Plexus from the old windows as they were used as a template to cut the 4 new windows.

Where the old windows came out, you may find the Plexus lifted some of the gelcoat....you can fill and smooth over with a filler or just leave it as the adhesive will take care of it.

At the time, I was not aware of the VHB tape so I used Sika 295 UV and the Sika Primer......I can not stress enough the need to include the Sika Primer and it is more expensive that the Sika 295 UV which I used 2 tubes (not all of it but I needed some of the second tube).  The Sika 295 UV will not bond properly without the Sika Primer.

The new windows will have paper on both sides so you have to put them in the cabin sides and draw around from the inside so the paper can be cut away where they fit into the cabin side.  With sand paper, rough up the new window where they will be mounted.

I taped both the inside and outside of the cabin......the Sika 295 UV is very dirty stuff....you will need a solvent and lots of rags handy.  I applied the Sika to both where the windows will be mounted, liberally as I wanted it to ooze out when I pushed the windows into place and some on the edge of each window itself.

I resorted to cutting 3 pieces of 2" X 4"'s approx 23" long for each window to brace it after applying the adhesive......I put the 3 pieces of wood against the window and braced them against the toerail placing a 10 pound rock on each piece of wood to ensure it stayed in place.....left the braces on for 48 hours to allow sufficient curing time with the moderate Spring temperature.

If I were to do it again and was assured that the VHB tape would address the curvature issue with the wooden braces, I would use the VHB tape, regardless of cost.  While the Sika 295 UV and Sika Primer is effective, it is more labor intensive with the application and it is messy if you are not prepared.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 -84
Halifax, N.S.