Hey Chuck,

I paid ~$2K for a new Genoa a year ago.  Sailmaker is Hyde (I also have a Hyde
main, ~3 years old).  It’s a basic Dacron sail, designed for furling, with UV
strip.  I chose a weight good to 20 kts.  A local guy measured for it and
ordered it for me.

Cheers,
Randy

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 18, 2023, at 9:54 AM, CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>

> Sail costs:  A new light air genoa was quoted at $5200 for my 36 footer, so I
> decided instead to have repairs made to my old sails.   They repaired my #2
> for $700.  They will alter my #3 for a little more.  They are removing
> horizontal battens and installing vertical battens, and adding UV, so it can
> be furled.  I've chosen to use Chesapeake Sailmakers because they are service
> oriented, came out and measured my rig before I spent any money, and they
> took time to evaluate my sails and offer options.
>
> Wonder what others are paying for new sails and/or repairs.
>
> Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1989 C&C 34R, Annapolis
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.