$2k!!!!
I spent more than half that for a UV strip replacement!

Joe
Coquina

From: Randal Stafford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2023 11:24 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>; Randal Stafford
<randal.staff...@icloud.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: Sail costs

Hey Chuck,

I paid ~$2K for a new Genoa a year ago.  Sailmaker is Hyde (I also have a Hyde
main, ~3 years old).  It’s a basic Dacron sail, designed for furling, with UV
strip.  I chose a weight good to 20 kts.  A local guy measured for it and
ordered it for me.

Cheers,
Randy
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2023, at 9:54 AM, CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List

Sail costs:  A new light air genoa was quoted at $5200 for my 36 footer, so I
decided instead to have repairs made to my old sails.   They repaired my #2 for
$700.  They will alter my #3 for a little more.  They are removing horizontal
battens and installing vertical battens, and adding UV, so it can be furled.
I've chosen to use Chesapeake Sailmakers because they are service oriented,
came out and measured my rig before I spent any money, and they took time to
evaluate my sails and offer options.

Wonder what others are paying for new sails and/or repairs.

Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1989 C&C 34R, Annapolis
Thanks for your help.
Stu
Thanks for your help.
Stu