I have always had a sailmaker/salesperson measure my boat for any sail—whether
national (Hood, North) or local. Given the sail costs for my 36 XL and the
limited number of hulls made, I didn’t trust myself to make the measurements or
to rely on some sail database.
For my latest 3Di 155%, the North rep spent a couple of hours measuring,
including the slight curvature of my Genoa tracks as they move aft, following
the curve of the cabin.Not a DIY project for me.
Since the sail has its curvatures built in from the 3d mold, its shape really
cannot be adjusted.
When delivered and hoisted , it fit perfectly, including the spreader and
stanchion patches and most importantly, to my amateur eyes, it has a perfect
shape.

My hope is that between the medium weight (true winds 15-20) and the sail
material itself it will outlast my ability to race with it—or at least longer
than it’s 3DL predecessor!
Charlie NelsonWater PhantomC&C 36 XL/kcb

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Saturday, March 18, 2023, 11:37 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List