Since we are on stories of oddness I have 2.

First, when cruising along at modest rpm, will have a sudden shut down.
Just off. No change in sound, smell, rpm, etc just as if ignition switch
cut out. Suspecting a loose connection I proofed all wires / connections
and we'll test it out cruising around next week. Any odd ideas to keep in
mind?

Second, episodically when motoring at higher rpm close to hull speed will
have a sudden racing of the engine with loss of power. Pull back throttle,
and goes back to normal but not unusual to reoccur. Haven't noticed it at
lower speed or rpm.
I'm suspicious of cavitation but haven't thought it thru as to causes,
tests of theory, remedies or other options. Thoughts?

C&C 29 Mark 1 with a recently rebuilt Atomic 4 and 2 bade folding prop.

Karl Kuzis
Firefly
C&C Mk1
karl.ku...@gmail.com