Previous boat
‘79 Nicholson 303
Yanmar 2qm15
320 hrs.

Starts and runs all day. Slowing while approaching a dock-stalls.
Change filters, check for loose fuel lines, change crush washers…..
Approaching a dock….stall. Always while slowing down.
Approaching the fuel dock at Dodson’s was told “I’m going there!” By the nice
man on his Hinckley.  My response, “Sorry,(engine stalls) I am.
The fuel pickup was at the forward end of the cylindrical tank. When I slowed,
all the crud would slosh forward and block the pickup causing a stall.
Unfortunately the yard cleaned the tank and replaced it. they also
inadvertently punctured it and diesel would run out the bottom. Found this out
after a day sailing. Back to the yard and a new tank was installed.
Unfortunately they inadvertently severed the propane line while cutting a 2”
hole in a bulkhead to run a new vent line. It was obscured by the insulation.
Found this out when it blew up. With 2 of us onboard. ‘Nother story. I’m sure I
told it here at some point.
Jon Pratt
Hideaway 35-3
Stamford CT