Hi James,

Thanks for responding my Q so quickly.

> I don't think there's any workaround for this right now, as
> the code to generate those lines is in the python module and not in
> the template.

Yes. I did some digging and found this out too a while ago:

https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/blob/master/cobbler/modules/manage_dnsmasq.py,
 line 154.

> Go ahead and open a github ticket for this, and I'll get it added in.

Will do ASAP

> Is there any limit to the number of MACs on a given line?

AFAIK, according to, Simon Kelley, the creator of dnsmasq, there is none.
Please see his post in this regard at
http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2009q3/003081.html

> For example,
> could you have:
>
> dhcp-host=mac1,mac2,mac3,...,macN,ip-address
>
> I ask, because the way I see this working is to keep track
> of duplicate IP's and combining them into the dhcp-host
> directive above.
> If a user were to have more than 2 systems with dupe IP's I
> don't want this causing a different problem. I haven't been able to
> find documentation on the max number of entries per line.

I will quote Simon's words here for easier reference in the future:
"By putting both MACs on one line, you're telling dnsmasq that only one
will be active at a time and that it's OK to dump a lease for one MAC to give
it to the other one. This works with any number of MAC
addresses, not just two.

Thanks!

-- Zack